Where do I start?
Contrary to what you might think, you aren’t required to have any knowledge about piloting an aircraft prior to starting our program. Crosswinds Aviation can take you through the entire flight training process of becoming a pilot. It might surprise you just how quickly you can be up Bart Starr Authentic Jersey in the air.
Private Pilot Rating
Most people start by obtaining their Private Pilot rating. While there are other ratings you can start with, the Private Pilot rating is the most useful. As long as you have three miles of visibility, it will allow you to fly day or night with no distance limitations. Private Pilot is the first rating you receive if you’re becoming a pilot as a Bart Starr Jersey career.
Private Pilot FAA Requirements:
- 40 in-flight hours minimum- this is the minimum required by FAA; the average in the U.S. is 60-70 hours. At Crosswinds, we average about 55 hours of in-flight training.
- 8 hours cross-country flight time- cross-country means landing at an airport more than 50 nautical miles away.
- 3 hours instrument or simulated instrument flight time
- 3 hours night flight time
- Minimum age is 17 to obtain your license, however, you can begin training and solo at age 16
- You must pass at least a class III medical examination by an Aviation Medical Examiner prior to solo flight
Looking to finance your Crosswinds Aviation instruction?
1st Bart Starr Kids Jersey National Bank, right here in Howell and member FDIC, has a financing program to fit most any budget. As the local, community bank, 1st National works with customers on an individual basis. Their decisions are made across a desk and down the street – literally, instead of across the country. Contact Brian Byrd NMLS#728437 @1st National’s Downtown Howell branch at 517.545.2227 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org – just tell them Crosswinds Aviation sent you.